Sunday 23 January 2011

Norway: Jew hatred in Trondheim

Source: Norway, Israel and the Jews (Judenhass in Trondheim)

In last week’s edition of Morgenbladet, a man wrote of how he, upon visiting a cafe in Trondheim, was slapped for the sin of refusing to be ashamed of having relatives in Israel. In this week’s issue, a Norwegian Jew writes of how he was repeatedly insulted and criticized in Trondheim for the sin of wearing a t-shirt emblazoned with the star of David.

Unauthorized translation of the reader's letter to Morgenbladet above:

"Also I have have experienced similar disrespect and direct attacks upon my person, solely because I have worn a t-shirt with the religious symbol of the star of David (But it was not yellow as it may-haps should have been?) I expressed absolutely nothing: the attacks and hateful expressions were made for the sole reason that I wore this religious symbol. I was spat upon, harangued and vilely harassed. And the worst was that people in the vicinity followed suit: either with spiteful smiles, shouts and comments, or indirectly by looking away.

Read the whole article HERE

No comments: