Monday 9 June 2008

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's first visit to Europe - sickening

It's my fault, by Stephen Pollard

"Almost all the coverage of the UN's woeful food summit in Rome has been about Robert Mugabe. But it also marks the first visit to Europe of Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. And guess what he chose to speak about (guess 'who', I should say)?

Me.

Not just me of course. Quite a lot of other people like me, too. People who are Zionists, that is. By which he means Jews:

The people of Europe have suffered the most harm from Zionists and today the costs of that falsified regime, whether political or economic, are on Europe's shoulders...I do not believe my statements [at the conference] will cause any problems. People love what I say because they are trying to save themselves from the oppression of Zionists.

In some parts of Europe his second point might just be met with knowing nods.

And on Sunday his foreign minister made clear what should be done about it (as Tom Gross points out):

Iran's foreign minister is the latest senior Iranian politician to join President Ahmadinejad in threatening Israel. In a speech on Sunday, Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki called on the world's Muslims to work to "erase" Israel, reports the Gulf Daily News in Bahrain.

In April, a senior Iranian army commander also threatened Israel with "elimination."


I'm not sure what is more sickeningly ironic to hear at a food summit - the thoughts of a brutal tyrant such Robert Mugabe or a would-be genocidal murderer such as Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. Tough call."

No comments: